Euro 2012 - Your thoughts (Dazza71)
With Euro 2012 just around the corner, and Vital England always keen to gain membership participation, it is question time with you, the Vital England members, asked to give the answers.
Next up is Dazza71
, so without further ado here are the answers given...1) Are you looking forward to Euro 2012?
I have to be honest I have found it really hard for the past five or six years to get excited about watching England. Probably been too many disappointments over the years. I used to be a regular at Wembley and for my sins; I saw all of Graham Taylor's home international games.
2) Poland & Ukraine, good selections for the finals?
No - A shocking decision to play them in the Ukraine especially. The fact England have not sold out their allocations for the group stages, says it all.
3) Is Roy Hodgson the right man to lead us into battle this summer, and in the next few years - if not who did you want?
If it was a choice of an English manager then it had to be Hodgson or Redknapp. I personally would have liked to have seen us go for Gus Hiddink or Jose Mourinho.
4) What about the final 23-man squad, happy?
I am disappointed to see no Micah Richards or Peter Crouch in the squad. I think he was right to omit Rio Ferdinand, who even Manchester United fans will tell you, he has been poor this season.
5) Who do you see as being the 'key man' for England?
Steve Gerrard, although, someone could make an unexpected name for themselves in the tournament. Theo Walcott or Alex Oxlade Chamberlain could be big players for England if given the opportunity.
6) Which player - injured or just left out - would you most have liked taken, and why?
Peter Crouch - With no Rooney, I do not see where the goals are going to come from. Crouch has never let England down when given the opportunity.
7) What about the player in the final 23 that you would have most liked left out, and why?
John Terry - Like Ferdinand, he is well past his best and becoming a liability.
8) How far do you reckon England will progress this summer?
Group stage. We will lose to France and draw with Sweden and Ukraine.
9) If it's not England who do you think will win Euro 2012?
You cannot look past the favourites Spain. I can see France doing well as well.
Many thanks to Dazza71
...BeastishKing - here
.garyshawisthelaw - hereRug - hereevertonmandan - herethfan - hereinncll - hereherringthorpe - hereThe Bagman - hereLescand - here
To take part drop me an email (email@example.com
) with your answers and please include your username as well and I will publish.
Vital England on:
Vital England on: